1.11.2010

New Characters


Both watercolor and pencil 8" x 10"





I really have no idea why I drew these weird little characters.  I was just doodling one day and this is what developed.  I happen to think the lower one looks very similar to my middle child Elijah.  It totally has his eyes and hair!  Maybe these guys can represent all the little boys out there that get beyond the point of simple scruffiness to 'NEED a haircut NOW'!  Hehe!  I know there are other moms who can relate.  

Anyway, I really enjoy doing things that are somewhat unpredictable to my usual style but still fit into the category of whimsical and childlike.  (I don't always draw princesses and girly stuff!)  I love imagining a personality to go along with the creatures I draw.  It stirs the imagination!  As soon as I thought I had finished drawing  I ran into the kids' playroom to ask the experts...  Elijah said to add a tail.  Cousin Katie put in her vote for a rat-tail like her pet Whiskers.  Simeon didn't like a tail but if it was necessary he wanted it to be a white hair ball.  

I love tapping into the wisdom {imagination} of children.  Getting down on their level and making stories.  It is putting it to paper and color that is what ultimately captivates me!    



No comments:

Post a Comment