3.29.2010

Abstract Art

I am accustomed to doing kids' art.  Colorful, whimsical art and illustration is my passion and it will never change, but I thought I might step out of my box and try some new things that have been rolling around on my mind.  I am very inspired by words and music.  Especially worship music.  You know that sweet moment when you hear a particularly perfect phrase and your mind is frantically trying to gather up and frame those words before they flitter by?  I do that all the time.  I am always writing quotes on my hand or a nearby scrap of paper, so I can later scribble out my version of what they look like in color.  Below are some acrylic paintings that try to capture the emotion of a moment: {Enjoy!} 




~ Savior's Fixed Gaze ~
Acrylic on Canvas 18 x 24"
(featured above)
"O death, where is your sting? // O hell, where is your victory? // O church. come stand in the light // The glory of God has defeated the night // He's Alive!  He's Alive!" 
 ~ The wonderful words of Matt Maher's song  Christ is Risen; CD Alive Again.
 



~ Rain Soaked ~
Acrylic on Canvas 12 x 24" 
(featured above)
"All that You say // Is what You do // All that you promise // You're seeing through // So we wait on You, Lord // And we rise to Your voice // The shout of the King, The Son of God" 
~ Matt Maher's song: Shout of the King; Alive Again CD




~ Deuteronomy ~
Acrylic on Canvas 24 x 36" 
(featured above)
'I set before you this day blessing and curses: which one will you choose?'
Written here is a portion of scripture: Deuteronomy 8:1-18 and 11:18-25

If you enjoyed these paintings, there will be more to come!  
If you are interested in owning a piece, please feel free to contact me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment