12.04.2009


18" x 24" Acrylic paint on Canvas.  
This was a really fun project!  The assignment was to paint a portrait and I thought I would change it up a bit from the traditional idea of portrait painting.  I thought it might be nice to create something a little crazy and a lot colorful!  
This painting is a portrait of Ryann, Payton, and Colton - children of a mom named Jennifer from Colorado.  Jennifer's mom, Rosemary, ordered it for her daughter.  Here is Jennifer's reaction when she received her painting in the mail:

I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT, I LOVE IT!!!!!!

I am soooo excited, I just got the painting and it is PERFECT!!!!!

You really captured the personalities of the kids, I LOVE that Payton is hanging upside down, that is so her!  and Ryann with the Converse and leg warmers and peace earrings---perfect.  I really think Colton looks exactly like him!  The goggles, necklace, animal crackers--so perfect!
I love this painting so much, I just love looking at it.  I can't wait for the kids to get home from school to see it.
Thank you so much, I have a perfect spot to hang it up for all to see!

Thank you again,
Jennifer

A great big thanks to Rosemary and Jennifer!  It was great working with you ~ Enjoy your new art piece and may God bless you this Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment