12.28.2009

Bicycle Painting

Bicycle Painting
- especially for mr. brian parks -






I can't remember the exact dimensions, so I'll make a guess: 2'x 3' x 2" 
Acrylic paint on canvas. 

This was a contracted art piece in which I was asked to portray the innocence of childhood.  When I asked about whether he preferred cityscapes or country scenes -among other questions - Brian answered that he liked it all.  Since he is an avid cyclist I knew I wanted to include his love for the sport.   I don't know whether I was portraying the boy as a child and then growing into an adult or just a kid imagining himself racing when he is really taking a leisurely ride in the country.  That is for Brian to determine!   I wanted to link the two scenes into one by the fence continuing through the middle of the painting and corresponding the images on both sides.  Enjoy taking a look!  

 Thanks, Brian for having me paint this for you.  I hope it is something that fits your home and continues bringing a smile to your face every day!   

1 comment: